Monday 9 January 2017

Welcome to the Salsa Rapido Method

Question:
Have you ever thought of doing something, then forget all about it until later, when you have the same idea again?
When I started teach salsa I though it would be a good idea to keep a diary of my teaching. Then I promptly forgot all about it for a while. Twenty three years to be precise. Oops!
To be honest I've to-do-lists that go back way longer than two decades so time-scale wise, I'm really on it. (assuming a geological time scale)

So hear it is, my first post in the Salsa Rapido blog.
What's it all about? Good question! I'll come back to you on that one......
...OK I'm back and at the moment the best answer is (drum roll please.....)
It's about me, salsa, specifically teaching salsa and how salsa is taught.

Two massive changes are worth noting from the past twenty years:
First: hidden information is now instantly available to anyone anywhere.
Global info in a global world.
Last year my German car made in UK with a Japanese engine broke down. I fixed it using parts from Belgium via EBay with an instruction video from a man in Louisiana and another from a man in Korea. That's a tad different from the old days of mechanics with secret knowledge, special tools and a magical pricing system that defied gravity and only travelled upwards.
Thinking about my teaching, it seems very old fashioned to not share my experience.

The other change is science. So much work has been done in the field of psychology, and those clever thinky types have put it up on the web for the likes of my to read, absorb and use in my salsa teaching.

So here goes, enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment